Sunday, May 23, 2010

Elements of Style




Hello,

I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far. It has been a hot, but beautiful weekend here in Bedford. It is just amazing how fast a weekend can go by. I have been feeling kind of lousy the last few days. I don't know if it is allergies, sinus infection or what? Since Friday night I have almost lost my voice. (I'm sure that my family loves that!)

Today's card is using a new stamp set called Elements of Style. This stamp set has 5 images in it and is available in either wood mount or clear mount. I watercolored the image with SU ink pads and the aqua painter. I was almost afraid to attempt watercoloring, but with the aqua painter it is so easy. I'm sure that I will be using this technique a lot more on my projects.

Click on both cards to get a closer view. On the top card I used a SU marker and the Color Spritzer Tool to give a spattered look. I did not use the Color Spritzer Tool on the bottom card. Myself, I like the spattered look. After making this card and posting it, I thought it was lacking something, so I spritzed it with the marker and then took another picture to post. Let me know what you think.

If you ever have any questions on any of the projects that I post on my blog, please don't hesitate to contact me. Also, if there is a specific technique or project that you would like to see, just let me know and I will do my best to post it on my blog.

Products Used:
Elements of Style: wood mount #118611 $27.95 clear mount #120045 $19.95
SU Ink Pads
SU Card Stock
Modern Label Punch #116630 $15.95
Word Window Punch #105090 $15.95
Color Spritzer Tool #107066 $12.95
5/8" Neutrals Brads #112533 $6.95
Stampin' Dimensionals # 104430 $3.95

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a great day!
Shelly


No comments:

Post a Comment